discuss: Re: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window Manager HOWTO+

Subject: Re: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window Manager HOWTO+
From: john meshkoff ####@####.####
Date: 9 Apr 2002 01:30:38 -0000

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> On Apr 7,  3:34am, john meshkoff wrote:
> > Subject: new author, with to submit a howto "KDE GUI Login Window
> Manager
> >
> > I'd like to submit a howto  on adding window mangers to a GUI login:
> >
> > "This is the KDE GUI Login Window Manger HOWTO, a tutorial on how to
> > add other window managers to the drop-down list on the GUI Login screen"
> >
> > a basic html draft of the proposed howto is attached.
>
> Posted/added to our list of works "in progress":
>
>     http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/inprogress.html

<SNIP>

I see that in my haste, I didn't include a copy of prefdm, which is
linked in the proposed HOWTO (also, since it's only one page, I guess it
should be called a mini-HOWTO).  I decided to submit a howto, as it was
originally posted on my web page <http://www.johnpipe.com/> under the
link "linux hints", and as I had originally asked on a redhat list how
to do this, and later, after figuring it out received a response from
another newbie wanting to do the same, to send to linuxdoc to better
share it with the community.

As I "tune-up" the howto, perhaps I should remove the prefdm reference,
but when I originally wrote it, I felt it would be good background info
for overall understanding.  Comments/suggestions welcome.  Where should
I send a copy of the prefdm file, so the existing link works from the
page under works in progress?

I've downloaded a copy of the authors guide for off-line reading, and
it's a lot of information to digest.  I haven't worked with XML,
Docbook, etc., at all yet, just plain old html, so I've a lot to learn
toward finishing and maintaining this.

John

--
John Meshkoff johnm at sivakalpa dot org
http://www.sivakalpa.org/