discuss: Re: "Visual" Docbook SGML/XML

Subject: Re: "Visual" Docbook SGML/XML
From: "Tabatha Persad" ####@####.####
Date: 23 Mar 2002 03:44:34 -0000

Hope I'm not stirring the pot with all these questions of mine!  I do like
to hear different opinions on these types of things...

There are occasions when I have found bold faced text appropriate, but I am
aware that Docbook's ambiguity over the bold text is because there are many
tags that are more appropriate, depending on the content.

I happily keep up a browser window with my handy dandy Docbook guide,
referencing all the tags, and always try to find the most appropriate tag
for what I'm writing, but I have yet to write a document or HOWTO that uses
more than just a basic set of the tags.  Most of the ones that are
frequently used are surprisingly few in number.   I haven't gotten into
things like tables and graphics... but since I always crave to write, I'm
sure it won't be long before I figure it all out...

And by the way everybody, thanks for your input.  I'm learning a lot!

Tabatha