discuss: Re: "Visual" Docbook SGML/XML

Subject: Re: "Visual" Docbook SGML/XML
From: "Tabatha Persad" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Mar 2002 19:39:14 -0000

Well I can only tell you my own experiences are that there doesn't appear to
be a free GUI type application to do Docbook.  I found Quanta nice for
editing HTML though...

I'm still working around the fact that Docbook doesn't have a "boldface"
tag!  I like it, and I even don't mind emacs, considering that the other
editors I've seen don't do quite as much as emacs will with psgml.  I can't
even suggest Xemacs because I find it seems (and I'm probably wrong) like
the features and commands are harder to find or set up!

I guess you can't just set your language in emacs to French for accented
characters to work.  I have noticed other languages but never tried one
since I really only speak English fluently (but understand French fairly
well being a Canuck)... if  you selected French, it would be nice if you
didn't have to markup those characters...

I don't want to get anybody riled up over Linuxdoc or Docbook, I was just
curious about the differences and preferences of the LDP on that...

If I ever hear of an editor like that, I'll post it for ya!  Who knows,
maybe I just haven't done enough homework and someone else knows about one!

Tabatha