discuss: Should the PHP Howto remain in the LDP?

Subject: Re: Should the PHP Howto remain in the LDP?
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 15 Mar 2002 00:35:30 -0000

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:00:37AM -0500, Mark Komarinski wrote:

> I can write unreadable PHP code just like anyone else, but both PHP and
> Perl have OO capabilities.  And if my code is still around
> 100 years from now, well..uhm..yeah ;)

:-)

Oh boy, yeah. You're spot on, here.

> I'd recommend a tech review (I'll help) followed by a reorganization of
> the entire document.  Filtering out the editorializing may be a result,
> but could erupt in a mini-flame-war if the reviewer and author disagree.

Thank you very much!

We'll hope for minimal flamage. It is always a difficult thing to
approach an author, for fear you will hurt their feelings. Most
authors appreciate help, though, in my conversations with them. And
I've done a few of these now, or set them up by putting the right
people together.

We have to do the job, though, and that means improving documents that
need it, even if we risk hurt feelings.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

On that first day when Muad'Dib rode through the streets of Arrakeen with
his family, some of the people along the way recalled the legends and the
prophecy and they ventured to shoult: "Mahdi!" But their shout was more a
question than a statement, for as yet they could only hope he was the one
foretold as the Lisan al-Gaib, the Voice from the Outer World. Their
attention was focused, too, on the mother, because they had heard she was
a Bene Gesserit and it was obvious to them that she was like the other
Lisan al-Gaib.
	-- from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan