discuss: Should the PHP Howto remain in the LDP?

Subject: Should the PHP Howto remain in the LDP?
From: Hanno Mueller ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2002 12:29:58 -0000

Hello,

I'd like to ask wether you think the PHP Howto should really remain a part
of the LDP collection. This may sound harsh and like an attempt to start a
flame-war, but I really mean this:

The text is very low quality, revolves mostly around baseless advocacy [*]
and is written in a childish style - it's just one big violation of
everything recommended in the Advocacy Howto.

The PHP Howto is an embarrassment for the LDP, a collection of documents
that I found highly useful and used to love for its quality. I was
surprised to find a text like that here.

Please read the Howto and see yourself for what I mean:

	http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/PHP-HOWTO.html

I thought about contacting the author about this, but after reading his
homepage (http://24.221.230.253), it appears to me that arguing with him
about his writing style will be fruitless. This is just his style, he's
obviously convinced about it and he probably won't change it...

[*] I am a PHP developer, who doesn't like Java, either. So please don't
think that I dislike the Howto because it bashes Java or another language.

Greetings,

Hanno Mueller