discuss: virus writing HOWTO

Subject: Re: virus writing HOWTO
From: Marinho Paiva Duarte ####@####.####
Date: 11 Mar 2002 13:07:59 -0000

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002 08:53:01 -0300
Jorge Godoy ####@####.#### wrote:

> Marinho Paiva Duarte ####@####.#### writes:
>
> > I think we should not publish it.
> >                   ^^^
> > And I think that you forgot a little word...
>
> No. I didn't forget it. Your opinion is different than mine. And I
> think you're wrong.
Ok! I may thing anything...

> Denying it's publication would cause more harm than publishing it.
> We shouldn't go back to old method of security through obscurity. We
> can have security with knowledgement.
I agree. You are right about this.

> The author himself showed to be conscious and explained a little
> more about the document. If he was different, he could have given up
> and decided to publish it on some h4x0r site, where it would cause
> real problems.
>
> We should not (here's the word) discriminate documents without
> reading them. If it was unsuitable, them we'd vote for removing it
> from the LDP. A lot of us were talking based only on our feelings,
> without really reading the documents (some have read it before or
> right after the first message).
I did not discriminate anything/anybody.

> Lets all be open minded. We can always remove the document. It will
> be removed from all the 300+ mirrors. My vote is still the same: we
> should publish it.
You convinced me. But, try to understand my way.
Of course we should never deny any kind of information to be public,
but don't you thing we should take care with a document like this?
Other important point: Is it legal/lawful??? Is like to show how to
build a bomb...

With best regards,
Marinho