discuss: volunteering for LDP

Subject: Re: volunteering for LDP
From: "Kristin E Thomas" ####@####.####
Date: 26 Feb 2001 21:48:28 -0000

On Feb 23,  1:30pm, Kristin E Thomas wrote:
> Subject: volunteering for LDP
> Hi Everyone,
> I'd like to get more information about several of the items I've seen on
> the LDP's lists.  I'm interested in the "Indexing HOWTO" that's on the
> Suggestion List and index.html file for the subdirectories that's on
> the To Do List.  I'd appreciate any information anyone can give me.

     >For the TO DO list, that item corresponds to the browseable
     >hiearchy/filesystem accessible thru:

     >http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/ {HOWTO, linux-doc-project,
etc.}

     >Create an index.html file for each level is what that points to.
     >I don't think it's a high priority item; others may feel differently.

I completely misinterpreted this item when I saw it on the "To Do" list.  I
thought the item was requesting an index for each category of document on
the LDP (Guides, HOWTOs, FAQs, and man pages).  I noticed that currently
some of the indexes look different and contain different things (for
example, some have annotations and others don't), and I thought it might be
helpful to make them consistent.  I also considered adding a topical index
that includes all the different types of documentation, so users could
easily see what kinds of docs were available on a certain topic.  While
this isn't really what the item on the list was talking about, I still
think it could be helpful.  Is there any interest in my creating this kind
of index?

Thanks,
Kristin

Kristin Thomas