discuss: Review Group Update and authors@linuxdoc.org

Subject: Re: Review Group Update and authors@linuxdoc.org
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2001 15:17:42 -0000

On Feb 24,  1:11am, David Lawyer wrote:
> Subject: Re: Review Group Update and ####@####.####
> On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:49:46PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
>
> [...]
> I also think that this discuss list needs to become more like it once
> was and not normally contain proposals for new HOWTOs.  Such proposals
> should go to the HOWTO coordinators (or the like).  Another
> alternative would be to have a list just for new proposals.  Then
> every few weeks, a list of the new HOWTOs that people are starting to
> write (or have written if they write fast) could be posted to discuss.
> [...]

...and since we went to the "subscribe required before post" list format
for discuss, all proposals generally go to ####@####.####
which is "open" (or they come directly to me - "linux-howto" or "gferg").
All links off the web site point to the feedback alias, including
proposals for new docs.

When I get such information, I ask the author to check over existing
HOWTOs for any potential overlap, and supply she/he with a set
of "getting started" pointers.

If they chose to author/supply the HOWTO/document, then it
immediately goes on the "under development" list:

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/authors/inprogress.html

There is a process. However, if someone decides to subscribe and
post to the discuss list, that's entirely their decision. In general,
that seems to be pretty low traffic (posts dealing w/new docs).

--
Ferg