discuss: Review Group Update and authors@linuxdoc.org

Subject: Re: Review Group Update and authors@linuxdoc.org
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 24 Feb 2001 09:11:46 -0000

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 03:49:46PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:

> I haven't heard back about my request for an ####@####.####
> list, probably because it was buried under another topic name. Or does
> nobody care? What, no flames? You guys are free software people,
> aren't you?

The announce list was supposed to be low volume, but it's not since
there are so many updates.  So I agree that we should have an authors
list.  It needs to be very low volume and if you allow authors to post
to the list it will become just about like this one.  It needs to have
a brief summary of what's been happening on the discuss list.  Each
issue should invite authors to subscribe to the discuss list if they
are so inclined.  It would be like a newsletter list.

I also think that this discuss list needs to become more like it once
was and not normally contain proposals for new HOWTOs.  Such proposals
should go to the HOWTO coordinators (or the like).  Another
alternative would be to have a list just for new proposals.  Then
every few weeks, a list of the new HOWTOs that people are starting to
write (or have written if they write fast) could be posted to discuss.
So discuss would be mainly a discussion forum for authors.  The
authors list would serve to keep all authors informed about the LDP.
The draft of the monthly posting to the authors list should first go
to discuss for comment.