discuss: Re: [Proposal] Topic coordinators (was: PXE Server HOWTO)

Subject: Re: [Proposal] Topic coordinators (was: PXE Server HOWTO)
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 5 Feb 2002 02:08:16 -0000

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:17:17AM -0500, Hal Burgiss wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 01:38:34AM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> >
> > That is very true. I do not want to do anything to upset or anger our
> > existing authors, but I do want to encourage them to work together
>
> I would agree, but first there would have to be a channel of
> communication :)

Yep. Any ideas on how to do that?

> > more and share maintainership. This idea of having people to oversee
> > certain subject areas is a really good one, that might help.
>
> I think so too. Maybe the group co-ordinator could have say-so on
> acceptance of docs. In light of the fact, the review process (good
> idea), does not seem to have gotten far off the ground.

No, it hasn't done what I had hoped. Yet, we do continue to see people
doing reviews, and any little bit of help is better than nothing.

> Maybe other ideas could be phazed in with new docs and new authors.

:-) Yes!

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

On that first day when Muad'Dib rode through the streets of Arrakeen with
his family, some of the people along the way recalled the legends and the
prophecy and they ventured to shoult: "Mahdi!" But their shout was more a
question than a statement, for as yet they could only hope he was the one
foretold as the Lisan al-Gaib, the Voice from the Outer World. Their
attention was focused, too, on the mother, because they had heard she was
a Bene Gesserit and it was obvious to them that she was like the other
Lisan al-Gaib.
	-- from "Manual of Muad'Dib" by the Princess Irulan