discuss: sgml@docbook

Subject: Re: sgml@docbook
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jan 2002 04:33:36 -0000

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 06:52:12PM -0800, Vivek Venugopalan wrote:
> David
>   I understand linuxdoc to html as the ultimate
> goal... but why not go via the docbook xml route? ie
> linuxdoc->docbook xml->html?  We need to massage the
> linuxdoc sgml into a valid XML and then transform it
> into docbook XML using XSLT.  That should like an
> interesting project....
>
> Basically a program that will convert linuxdoc to AN
> xml making sure it is syntactically valid XML.  Then
> XSLT to docbook XML and then we are home....

I'd like to see everything converted or convertable into DocBook, so
we can build additional tools based on the DocBook, whatever the
original source is in. So that is a good idea, I think.

I thought there was such a creature already, though, right? Or does it
only to SGML or something?

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####