discuss: sgml@docbook

Subject: Re: sgml@docbook
From: Hugo van der Kooij ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jan 2002 22:03:26 -0000

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Lars Bjørndal wrote:

> Is there a tool to convert linuxdoc SGMLs to docbook SGMLs?
>
> I understand that I have to learn more about docbook.
> I've tried to generate html from the HOWTO Access-linux docbook SGML.
> (docbook2html -u Access-HOWTO.sgml). The result isn't so prety as that
> file I find under /usr/shar/doc/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/. And
> my question is: How could you generate a nice html from the source?

My personal approach:
 - Get the latest tools. (Had to get the source RPM packages to upgrade my
   sparc system but that worked fine.)
 - get sgmltools lite (somewhere on sourceforge)
 - Fix your DSL file with entries from the LDP DSL as you see fit.

The stated packages are on my webserver (see tagline) as SRC.RPM and
SPARC.RPM files

I also wrote a small shell script and awk script to integrate the HTML
output in my webpage design. I must write a small webpage about this trick
someday as others might find it usefull as well.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    ####@####.####		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/