discuss: HOWTO's recent version information

Subject: RE: HOWTO's recent version information
From: "Padala, Pradeep" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Feb 2001 23:03:51 -0000

>Whoa, buddy! Looks like you are hard at work getting all of our
>documents up to the authors' latest versions. And you're being very
>thorough and methodical, which is exactly what's called for.

Thank You for your comments. I like working fast and finding efficient
solutions. The fun part was the multi processing of my job and this work. I
also learnt a lot of things about howtos, their organization. I, myself am
trying to write the ncurses howto. May be this experience helps in making it
better.

>I don't want to wind up sending multiple mails and annoying them, and we
>also don't yet know what other things we will want to say or ask.

I agree with you regarding this. It's always good to give authors the
freedom to do it their way. But I am sure, every one will be more than happy
to provide us with the latest versions. LinuxDoc is a great service indeeed
:-)

>This is a problem I would rather solve through social means than
>technical means. I'm a programmer myself, so I know the temptation to
>solve every problem with a script. :-)

That's right. I get impatient when i can't solve things simply when they can
be. But we have other reasons to keep it the way it is.

>I have already started building a database of authors, documents, etc.
>to put the data into as you send it to me.

May I know how you are building the database?

>Can I also ask that we please keep this conversation on the review
>mailing list? We are going to start generating large volumes of mail
>and this list will be very annoyed at us. Anyone who has any interest
>can join the other list.

Yeah.. We better move this to some other list. I am subscribing to
ldp-review list. This is my last mail to this last regarding this matter.

Thank You,
Pradeep Padala