discuss: [Proposal] PXE Server HOWTO

Subject: Re: [Proposal] PXE Server HOWTO
From: Cicero Mota ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2002 17:06:25 -0000

Hi,

I agree that the documentation about disk-less workstation is much scattered
along different howtos. An unifying GUIDE should be of great interest for the
Linux community. But LTSP is X-terminal driven, which means that applications
will run on the server. But keep in mind that disk-less full workstations are
major interest since applications run locally. Probably, these two ways of
implementing workstations are coexisting in many installations right now (for
example at my department :). People at the console of powerful workstations
(Athlon, PIV etc) run disk-less nodes, while people sitting at old computers
run them as  X-terminals without even know they could be  trash. Everything
is clean transparent for the user.
Anyway, maybe LDP could start thinking about a such a GUIDE.

Best regards,

Cicero