discuss: I would like to maintain "RedHat Linux KickStart HOWTO"

Subject: Re: I would like to maintain "RedHat Linux KickStart HOWTO"
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 22 Feb 2001 13:24:37 -0000

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 07:09:55AM -0600, ####@####.#### wrote:
> Dear HOWTO Coordinator,
> I'm interested in updating the "RedHat Linux KickStart HOWTO," originally
> written by Martin Hamilton ####@####.####  I sent Mr. Hamilton an
> e-mail, asking for his blessing, but received no response.  I assume my
> next step is to contact you.
>
> The current HOWTO is a little over two years old, and Red Hat's kick start
> facility has gained new features in the interim.  I think, too, the HOWTO
> could benefit from the inclusion of a few sample kickstart scripts.

The document is under GPL, thank the Goddess, so we don't have a
problem transferring maintainership. I usually attempt to contact
authors personally, just so I always know a good search has been
conducted. So give me a day or two to do that and if I can't locate
him, you can take it over.

What email address did you write to? ####@####.#### ? I know a few
other people at GNU so I will ask them if they know him. Somehow I
think we will track him down if he's been involved enough to have a
gnu.org address. I hope so, anyway.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Lee's Law:
	Mother said there would be days like this,
	but she never said that there'd be so many!