discuss: [Proposal] New HOWTO: Linux in a Microsoft Environment

Subject: [Proposal] New HOWTO: Linux in a Microsoft Environment
From: Y Giridhar Appaji Nag ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jan 2002 12:43:29 -0000

Hello Group!

Over the past few weeks, I have been working to set up a Linux
server for working in a microsoft only environment (NTLM Authn,
Exchange servers, ISA for proxy etc.). I have a few notes & I'd
like to share my experiences in setting up sendmail, integrated
logons, web browsing, samba, on the Linux server and also howto
configure commonly used client programs for accessing all these
services (Wins, IMAP, exchange address book etc.).

When I did all this, the ideas were taken from the manuals that
accompany individual programs and of course a few other howtos,
however, there is no one single place from where I can get all
this information. Moreover, I am not sure if they would also be
dealing with things like using a Windows PDC for authenticating
linux logons etc., hence the proposal. Please let me know if you
know of any such document already so that I could contribute to
that or else I would like start with a new document (and In this
case you could also help me choose a name as well for the doc ;-)).

-cheers,
Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag         If the same point is made twice by
yganag[at]yah0o<d0t>c0m       the same person, the thread is over.