discuss: Wiki update

Subject: Wiki update
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 21 Jan 2002 23:48:06 -0000

I added an "ldp:" namespace to the auto-link functionality in
txt2db.pl, so if you want to link to a HOWTO you only need to give it
the short name, as contained in the "Filename" field of the database.
So, to link to the Distributions-HOWTO, you put:

[[ldp:Distributions-HOWTO]]

in your document, and txt2db.pl will make it a nice ulink. This calls
the LDP database by doing a wget, to get the URL.

Also, I am moving the Linux FAQ over to use the new WikiText format,
and it is going well. The text is *so* much easier to work in than
pure DocBook, but still has the full power of DocBook.

--
David C. Merrill                         http://www.lupercalia.net
Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Reading, reflection and time have convinced me that the interests of
society require the observation of those moral precepts only in which all
religions agree (for all forbid us to murder, steal, plunder, or bear
false witness), and that we should not intermeddle with the particular
dogmas in which all religions differ, and which are totally unconnected
with morality.
	-- Thomas Jefferson