discuss: Introductions.

Subject: Re: Introductions.
From: David Lloyd ####@####.####
Date: 21 Feb 2001 14:08:04 -0000

Maybe I wasn't quite clear enough. I should say that I consider myself
an experienced user of DocBook V3.1 to 4.1 inclusive. In fact, a
considerable amount of my income is obtained in translating documents
from a foreign format to DocBook SGML or writing documentation in
DocBook SGML.

My main concern is that DocBook may become an XML only DTD - or will
become an XML only DTD - and I don't want to tell my customers "You'll
have to pay me 10 extra hours for me to support it because DocBook is
now XML only". I essentially would like to find a tool that will take a
document containing many entityrefs, walk through the documents, leave
the structure unchanged (i.e. if I have <!ENTITY chapter1 SYSTEM
"./somepath/chapterone.sgml"> then chapterone.sgml gets modified in
place), fix the SGML/XML differences and so forth.

I'm already writing SGML as XML as possible. No shortcuts, all
lowercase, quoted attributes and the only thing I'm missing is the
closing slash on empty tags...

Anyway...

DL