discuss: orphaned docs: NFS-root

Subject: orphaned docs: NFS-root
From: Greg Roelofs ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jan 2002 15:44:24 -0000

Per the request in the last LDP summary, I'm willing to do a single update
of the NFS-Root mini-howto, which was last updated four years ago.  I fully
understand if the coordinator would rather hold out for a real maintainer;
I don't really have time for even this much, but since it's relatively
fresh in my mind, I figured any update is better than no update.

Specifically, I can update/add info on DHCP and static-IP booting and at
least mention the existence of the BOOTP option; the current howto discusses
only RARP and static IP.  It would probably be good to mention
linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt, too, assuming that's not already in there,
and it looks like the old info could use a little proofreading....

If David or whoever would like me to do this, please let me know where the
"master copy" lives; what I see on the web clearly is full of boilerplate
markup.

Regards,
--
Greg Roelofs            ####@####.####             http://pobox.com/~newt/
Newtware, PNG Group, Info-ZIP, AlphaWorld Map, Philips Semiconductors, ...