discuss: database wiki field

Subject: Re: database wiki field
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jan 2002 17:49:42 -0000

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 01:28:51PM -0500, David Merrill wrote:
> I added that "wiki" text field in the database. You can enter whatever
> text you want, and click "Save" to save it to the database, and also
> see how it would be rendered into DocBook. It's an easy way to play
> around with it if you want to.
>
> Just click the "Edit (test)" link on any document edit page.
> You need a database account to do this, of course.

Update: You can use the guest/guest account and still update this
field, but nothing else. So anybody, please feel free to try it out.
See the notes in cvs in LDP/txt2db/README for details on what is
available, or see my last note. Although I've added some more stuff
since then.

Also note that because I pass anything that looks like docbook right
on into the output file, you should theoretically be able to put the
docbook source in there and convert any portions you want to, while
leaving the rest docbook, and it should work. Not tested yet, but
theoretically that's already done.

"Anything that looks like docbook" means any nested tag structure,
e.g.:

<foo>
  <foo>
  </foo>