discuss: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment

Previous by date: 9 Jan 2002 18:19:44 -0000 Re: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment, Matt Wright
Next by date: 9 Jan 2002 18:19:44 -0000 Re: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment, Matt Wright
Previous in thread: 9 Jan 2002 18:19:44 -0000 Re: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment, Matt Wright
Next in thread: 9 Jan 2002 18:19:44 -0000 Re: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment, Matt Wright

Subject: Re: Linux Documentation Author Werner Heuser threatened with 6 months imprisonment or 250.000.- EURO penalty for supposed tradmark infringment
From: Kurt Pfeifle ####@####.####
Date: 9 Jan 2002 18:19:44 -0000

Matt Wright schrieb:

> I must say I am disgusted. A major company such as those who own A&O
> trademarks are splitting hairs, arn't they? I don't think that proceeding
> with legal action is right nor proper in this case, it is quite clear if
> you read the site (even before there was a page about it) what topic it
> discusses, I have read the A&O comics and I am a great fan of them

Did you let them (the French publishers) know?

> but I
> cannot (and could not) see any relation between Mobilix and Obelix,

Did you let them know? Or will you?

> no
> logos, no one-liners, nothing.
>
> Just my .02.

I for my part did let them know my decision: I am not any longer buying their
comics (I am a great fan of A+O too, and I did quite often buy several of
a new volume to have a gift handy for a lot of occasions...). They lost a
customer with their behaviour... (And I need more creativity for thinking
about gifts now...)

Bye,
 Kurt

|              .--.                                  CUPS + ESP PrintPro:  |
|     ~       |:_/ |                Unix/Linux Printing made fun and easy  |
|    ° °     //   \ \               http://www.danka.de/printpro/faq.html  |
|    /V\    (|     | )  .~.         Kurt Pfeifle,  Danka Deutschland GmbH  |
|   // \\  /'\_   _/`\  /V\                Tel.:   +49-172-715.7017        |
| Network Printing Services: Consulting+Training+Workshops+Troubleshooting |