discuss: Snort on Red Hat Linux HOWTO?

Subject: RE: Snort on Red Hat Linux HOWTO?
From: "Abe L. Getchell" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2001 06:10:26 -0000

Hi Vivek!

Snort is an intrusion detection system/network protocol analyzer
originally developed by Martin Roesch @ SourceFire
(http://www.sourcefire.com/).  Today, it's considered to be on the
cutting edge of intrusion detection technology and widely deployed in
commercial and government organizations.  Checkout http://www.snort.org/
for more info.

As to including sections for other distributions, I'm all for it, but I
believe it would best to start with the Red Hat focus as it's what I
most commonly see Snort being deployed on when Linux is the OS of
choice; you know, target the largest audience first.  Why don't we plan
on throwing something in there for Debian and a couple of other dists in
the first revision after the initial (hopeful) document posting?
Barring anything major, I'll hopefully have this hammered out within a
week or so.

Thanks,
Abe

--