discuss: Snort on Red Hat Linux HOWTO?

Subject: Snort on Red Hat Linux HOWTO?
From: "Abe L. Getchell" ####@####.####
Date: 18 Dec 2001 04:40:00 -0000

Good evening!

Surprisingly, after searching the documentation available, I'm not
seeing anything detailing the setup and configuration of Snort on Linux.
This seems to be a topic which could most definitely use some coverage
considering how popular Snort has become in the past couple of years,
because Linux has become platform of choice for a large majority of
people running it, and due to the number of basic setup and
configuration questions being asked on the Snort user and devel mailing
lists.  As the title mentions, I would like to gear this document
towards Red Hat Linux as it's what the majority of the folks running
Linux run it on (from what I gather), and there are some idiosyncrasies
with the Red Hat underpinnings that could addressed before the questions
are asked elsewhere... again.  I would gladly tackle this document if
the community here thinks it's a worthwhile task.

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe L. Getchell