discuss: Introductions.

Subject: Re: Introductions.
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 20 Feb 2001 16:43:10 -0000

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:24:59AM -0500, Padala, Pradeep wrote:
> Hi David,
> 	I also would like to participate in whicever way i can help in
> reviewing the documentation. I am a software engineer and I had considerable
> experience in Linux. I managed linux server at our university for some time.
> So I have considerable experience in installing and maintaining Linux. I can
> also help in information regarding programming in Linux. I recently wrote an
> article in Linux Gazette and another article on GPM is under review for
> publication in Linux Journal. I would like to give more to linux community
> and help myself in learning new things.

Okay, here's a job for you. Go through the list of howtos at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/howtos.html,
visit the "official" home page of each howto, and tell me of any
howtos where we don't have the latest version. We have discovered
several of these in recent months and I want to make sure there aren't
any more.

What I want to get from you is a list that gives me the name of the
howto, the "official" URL (not the linuxdoc.org one), and Yes if we
are okay or No if we lack the latest version:

Example:

Foo HOWTO
http://www.foo-howto.org/foo-howto.html
Yes

There are a lot of howtos, so I don't expect you to finish them all.
Of course, I'll be thrilled if you do. :-)

If someone else wants to help with this task, let me know and I'll
have you do the same thing but starting from the end so you meet with
Pradeep in the middle.

This is a very important job because we are wasting time if we review
documents that are outdated, and you'll be saving us that time.

Thanks very much!

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

Unix gives you just enough rope to hang yourself -- and then a couple
of more feet, just to be sure.
		-- Eric Allman

... We make rope.
		-- Rob Gingell on Sun Microsystem's new virtual memory.