discuss: licensing issue

Subject: licensing issue
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 4 Dec 2001 01:43:24 -0000

The Debian project is having a flame-fest about licensing issues.
They are going to split the LDP into a free and a non-free package.
This means the majority of the LDP will not be available on the
base Debian system.

I'm trying to get as many documents moved over to GFDL as I can before
the freeze for Woody comes. I ask for all of your cooperation in
helping me do this. The freeze comes on December 8, although some
things can be passed through after that, especially stuff like
documentation which isn't likely to break the system.

I'm also finding a hell of a lot of dead emails and marking those
documents unmaintained in the database. I'll post a list of those in
each week's LDPWN in the hope we'll find some maintainers for them.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

I circle around, I circle around
The boundaries of the earth.
Wearing my long wing feathers as I fly.