discuss: Looking for guidance/suggestions for possible large documentation project

Subject: Re: Looking for guidance/suggestions for possible large documentation project
From: Mark Finlay ####@####.####
Date: 17 Nov 2001 10:07:31 -0000

> If you write a HOWTO covering only one distribution you are basically
> doing free volunteer work for that distribution.  It makes the
> distribution better so that they can make more money on it.  I think
> it's OK to do this for the Debian distribution since it's the only
> major distribution that's free and done by volunteers.  So I would
> suggest to try to do a HOWTO that will cover more than just Mandrake.
>
> 			David Lawyer

But mandrake is a newbie distro - and is leading the revolution as far
as i'm concerned - to get average users using linux. Therefore a good
howto on its setup and use - or mabye how to install software from the
internet(a daunting, sometimes impossible task to the newbie) - would be
furthering the linux cause.

Thats my bit said
Mark