discuss: statistics update

Subject: statistics update
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 16 Nov 2001 13:51:50 -0000

Here are some statistics from the database if anyone's curious.

There are 455 documents, counting those deleted or archived. The
record stays in the database, so that's only those deleted since I set
it up. There are 410 active documents.

We are closing in on 50% DocBook, at 47%! Documentation is 28% Free
(GPL, GFDL, OPL). 22% are under LDPL, 100 (24%) have no license at all
and need to be checked to make sure they're even distributable as is.

The average document has gone 572 days without an update. That number
has been inching up due to very old documents. I go in cycles. I have
a week when I'll send out 20 or 30 emails asking for updates, but I
get very bored doing that and only dew it every few months. Apparently
I haven't been keeping up with it well enough.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Do you know the old language?
I do not know the old language.
Do you know the language of the old belief?
		-- Robert Duncan