discuss: Proposing some new HOWTOs

Subject: Re: Proposing some new HOWTOs
From: Shuvam ####@####.####
Date: 27 Sep 2001 06:14:17 -0000

> Now what are we going to do about it? Can we look at doing what Nik is
> talking about, putting the documents into a coordinated effort? That
> means not just throwing the documents together but in a sense merging
> our efforts, sharing tools, sharing volunteers, the whole ball of wax.
> We all know working with geeks is like herding cats.
>
> I for one think this has to happen if we want a really quality
> experience for users.

My two bits... we must try hard to do this. Let's begin discussions with
guys from other groups and see if we can agree on a common set of markup
and formatting standards, including file formats and stuff. I somehow
feel that the real hard work will be in getting us all to agree to a
common format for the content. Once that is done, and older formatted
files are converted, the processing, presentation, and hosting will
probably be easier to sort out.

Another big and thorny issue might be licensing... I don't know.

But let's try.

(Wow! That's a pretty long two bits! :)

Shuvam