discuss: LinuxWorld in San Francisco

Subject: Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco
From: Serena Fenton ####@####.####
Date: 19 Sep 2001 20:32:38 -0000

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> On Sep 19, 12:52pm, David Lawyer wrote:
> > Subject: Re: LinuxWorld in San Francisco
>
> I have an email from Matt W outlining the LDP history. Also,
> Serena (from ibiblio) is going to be doing a paper on the
> LDP and her intent was to write-up a history (I sent the
> email to her). Not sure what the status is, or her timeline
> for doing the paper.

I am writing about the LDP for my Masters thesis.  Exactly what it will be,
seems to change each time that I talk to an advisor.  The main focus will be
on the development of the collaborative community that became the LDP and how
it has evolved. I would be happy to help out with a short history as I
unearth things.  The timeline is that I hope to have a rough draft by
December and a finished thesis by March.

I would be delighted to share anything that I find with you and/or to get a
history of LDP written for the LDP site.  The ibiblio site is:
http://list.linuxdoc.org/old/ - but that is only the past 10 months - until
December 2000.

If anyone else on the list knows the whereabouts of the old archives, please
let us know.

Serena

> > I know that we have the "ldp-discuss" and "discuss" lists archived but
> > ldp-l existed for several years at various locations.  Where are the
> > messages?
>
> No idea. I saved off the ldp-discuss debian lists prior to
> the new ####@####.#### lists taking effect, but that
> was a while ago.
>
> --
> Ferg