discuss: new HowTo

Subject: Re: new HowTo
From: ####@####.####
Date: 18 Sep 2001 16:41:33 -0000

All,
     I was looking for the source of any document that was created using
DocBook format. I couldnt find one. Can anyone please forward me a small
DocBook format source code, so that I can figure out what is involved in
creating a document of that sort.

Thanks
Saqib Ali

David Merrill ####@####.#### on 09/18/2001 07:36:25 AM

To:   ####@####.####
cc:

Subject:  Re: new HowTo <Apache, WebDAV and LDAP>

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 10:22:02PM -0700, ####@####.#### wrote:

> David,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I am planning to use the GNU Free Documentation
> License (GFDL). I am open for suggestions :)
>
> No I wont be using the DocBook format. I am not yet experienced with
> DocBook. So I will be needing assistance of one of the member of this
> prestigious group to convert my Document into DocBook format.
>
> I have read the LDP Author Guide, and I will be working on my new HowTo
> now.

Okay, great. The GFDL is fine for a license. Our primary concern is
that documents can be assigned new maintainers should you disappear.
I'm trying to use GFDL as much as possible but that's primarily for
consistency. So I ask people who don't have a preference themselves to
use GFDL, but if they have a preference of their own of course they
can use what they like.

We'll find someone to convert to DocBook for you when the time comes.
It is much easier to convert later than to write the original in
DocBook anyway, IMO.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

http://list.linuxdoc.org/