discuss: Proposing some new HOWTOs

Subject: Re: Proposing some new HOWTOs
From: "Greg Ferguson" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2001 11:39:45 -0000

On Sep 17, 11:39am, Shuvam wrote:
> Subject: Proposing some new HOWTOs
> Dear all,
>
> What is the process that is followed for deciding to include a new HOWTO
> in the list of HOWTOs? We have the material almost ready for what we
> feel can be two HOWTOs. We had prepared this some time back as internal
> training material to help our new engineers learn some of the
> technologies that we use in our company. We will be happy to restructure
> that material and contribute it as HOWTOs to the Linux community.
>
> Is there a community voting process, or is there a core group of
> volunteers who decide new entries into the list of HOWTOs, or is there
> some other process?

This list is it. Post your ideas/concepts to this list so that it might
be discussed. If you have a draft available, provide a pointer. We
will let you know what the next steps are.

Please take a look at the LDP Author Guide -
   http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/

There is a section entitled "For New Authors" that describes this
process (somewhat!) -

   http://www.linuxdoc.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/newauthors.html

--
regards,