discuss: Anyone help me with converting the new Usenet News HOWTO to XML?

Subject: Anyone help me with converting the new Usenet News HOWTO to XML?
From: Shuvam ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2001 06:30:32 -0000

Dear all,

Hello everyone, I'm Shuvam Misra, the new official maintainer of the
Usenet News HOWTO. I have written a skeletal document, i.e. with all the
sections and subsections, but with only about 20% of the final text. It's
still work in progress, but it's moving quite rapidly now. I was wondering
whether one of you can help me by converting this document to DocBook
SGML, or XML, once? All later additions and changes will be done by us
(my colleague Hema and me), so it's just a one-time task.

If you let me know whether any of you have the time, I'll send the LaTeX
source and the PS formatted file in a tarball to you. Should I also post
this document to ####@####.#### right now? I guess that should only
be done after the conversion to SGML/XML, right?

And I've read all the stuff I could find guiding new authors on
www.linuxdoc.org, but I am confused about one thing: what source file
format does the LDP recommend for new documents? Is it DocBook SGML,
or XML, or LinuxDoc? If this is a FAQ, will you please point me to where
I cand find the answer?

Thanks and regards,
Shuvam