discuss: Access HOWTO

Subject: Re: Access HOWTO
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 31 Aug 2001 00:01:56 -0000

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 09:35:47AM -0500, Sharon D Snider wrote:
> Anyone with any suggestions?
>
> I've been trying to reach the author of the Access HOWTO an offer my help
> in updating the information. It appears the original document was written
> in 1997. I've emailed to both addresses indicated in the documentation and
> have not received a response. I tried to search for Michael De La Rue on
> Google and I found him, but the email address is the same.
> I've been doing a lot of research on Accessibility and feel that this HOWTO
> could be an excellent centralized location to reference information on
> accessibility.

Luckily that document is under GPL. Whew!

I will take this opportunity to once again encourage, exhort, and
okay, beg all authors to use a license that allows us to find new
maintainers, and all volunteers to ask authors to do so when you talk
to them. It is important.

Okay, now on to this document. If we can't contact Michael, then you
can take over maintainership of the document. Shall I list you as
official maintainer?

You're probably aware that there is a Gnome Accessibility Project that
was just discussed I think on LWN today. They might be willing to help
you, too.

Regards,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  http://www.freesklyarov.org