discuss: LPG

Subject: Re: LPG
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 13 Feb 2001 19:46:35 -0000

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 01:38:26PM -0300, Jokka wrote:
>     Hi there
>
>     First of all I suppose I should introduce myself: I'm José Luiz, a.k.a
> Jokka, nice to meet you guys =)
>
>     I would like to know how anyone is faring on developing the LPG
> furthermore, since I don't saw any improvements on it since I've got it
> first time, in 1999. I suppose Sven must had quit on it or, at least, been
> too much busy to deal with that.
>     I couldn't reach him by his mail listed on the doc, it must be because
> it was his university mail, and by now he must got graduated already so the
> mail doesn't exists anymore (it was ####@####.####
>     I wanna know of the current development status of this doc and, if no
> one is currently taking care of it, I would ask if I could assume myself
> responsible by it - sure, maintaning the original credits too, as I want to
> complete the doc and not start from the scratch.

Well, I see that it hasn't been updated in awhile - like 6 years.

Unless I missed it, no license is specified in the doc, which iirc
means it is by default under the LDP license. So if it is in fact
unmaintained, we can assign a new maintainer. But we need to make sure
it is really unmaintained.

Does anybody know if any of the authors, Sven Goldt, Sven van der Meer,
Scott Burkett and Matt Welsh, are still interested in maintaining it?
Should it be considered unmaintained? I will send off a note and
double check all the listed email addresses and let you know what
happens.

BTW, ferg & poet, this guide isn't on our guides.html list except
under "non-english linux". Looks like it was omitted by accident.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

A general leading the State Department resembles a dragon commanding ducks.
		-- New York Times, Jan. 20, 1981