discuss: Re: [discuss] Re: Request for comments and recommendations

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: Request for comments and recommendations
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 16 May 2012 19:37:04 +0100

Le 16/05/2012 20:06, Krastyo Komsalov a écrit :
> On 5/16/2012 12:50 PM, jdd wrote:

>>> SSH to the box and give ifconfig and you will see the interfaces.
>>
>> you are very kind to provide this to me, but I don't really like to
>> log on alien computer without absolute need
>>
> It is in revers - It is aliens login in your computer that is
> dangerous :-)))

this I can manage :-), but I was in the past made responsible for
default on machines I even never approach, I want to be able to say:
"I have no access, so it's not me that broke the system". Not to say
we are in this situation :-)

>> 128k could fit?? don't you install a basic slackware? I beg 500Mo is
>> appropriate
> I use 255Mo :-))
> Slackware is different ideology

It was my first distro around 1996 :-)

> If you like this idea you may consider Gentoo on Sparc :-))

I use openBSD on spark and gentoo on apollo Hp workstation (Was loaned
to me. I made the mistake of typing "emerge kde". 15 full days after,
X was not yet compiled when I stopped :-)))

> Probably you will have only WEP and open AP

if I can launch this, I think I ill have made a great job already :-)

I will try again tomorrow, but I fear I wont have time  to go till the
end.

That said all this is enought too show your HOWTO is very good and
very usefull

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net