discuss: Spelling & Grammar Corrections for NCurses Programming HOWTO

Subject: Re: [discuss] Spelling & Grammar Corrections for NCurses Programming HOWTO
From: Roger ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2011 23:19:07 +0000

OK. EMails sent.

I primarily use VIM.  I've never edited SGML files before, but have edited many
other filetypes.  At a glance, SGML looks very similar to an HTML file.

I also see SGML heavily documented on TLDP as well as DOCBOOK.

Using VIM as an editor for a SGML file, is there something like tidy I should
run the final SGML file through before using diff?  Or should I just edit the
minor changes without messing around with the formating tags and just send in a
diff? ... Letting the author, maintainer or whomever run the file through tidy
(or similar SGML tidy tool) after applying the patch?

Or, should I be pointed to specific documentation concerning SGML & VIM usage?

(Doesn't seem to be too much via Google concerning SGML & VIM, so I'll assume
my previously mentioned plan and assume it's as easy as HTML. ;-)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/