discuss: Spelling & Grammar Corrections for NCurses Programming HOWTO

Subject: Spelling & Grammar Corrections for NCurses Programming HOWTO
From: Roger ####@####.####
Date: 31 Oct 2011 19:04:20 +0000

I've emailed the original author, and it's still too early to tell if his
listed email is still good.  (I'd give about another week before giving up,
even though the last modification was about five years ago.)

I'm curious.  I don't want to take over a project, but yet there are so many
spelling and grammar corrections needed for the NCurses Programming HOWTO, I'd
like to spend a little time submitting a patch to the SGML file while I'm in
the midst of reading it.  (Also, I'd like to be reassured something can become
of my patch to the SGML file if I fail to contact the maintainer/author before
starting a patch file for it.)

If I do submit a patch, can you apply it as long as I stick to just spelling
and minor grammar corrections -- preserving the author's original language?

I'd like to get started as soon as possible as I'm half way through reading
this 100 page HOWTO.  It's well documented, but it looks like isntead of using
a spell checker, they used an "mis-spell checker" instead.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org/