discuss: I'm back on the discuss list.

Subject: I'm back on the discuss list.
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 15 Oct 2011 07:00:13 +0100

After being automatically removed from the list I now find that I have
been put back on again.  The reason I was removed is that my ISP will
not accept mail from blacklisted ISPs and apparently the LDP ISP was
(and probably still is) blacklisted for failing to deal with spam
complaints.

The reason I got back on the list is that my ISP changed its physical
location and probably didn't reconfigure its servers properly to
reject email from tldp.  So when this gets fixed, I'll likely not get
email from tldp anymore.  There's a way I can get them to bypass the
block if email from discuss had a unique sender's name, but tldp gives
each email a different from: by appending a number to discuss-return
which makes it look like (to my ISP's software) each email comes from
a different sender.  Thus email from discuss can't bypass the block.

I'm not currently very active in LDP and am doing other volunteer work
which I think is more important, like writing a long article on the
current economic problems in the U.S.  I'm also starting to have
health problems due to old age.