discuss: Decision Time: Modernization/Re-Design of Website

Subject: Re: [discuss] Decision Time: Modernization/Re-Design of Website
From: Michael Mol ####@####.####
Date: 2 May 2011 13:21:34 +0100

I concur that site should load quickly and fine on dial-up. It's not
just poor countries which don't have access to broadband. My own
parents live in a rural area where the choice is between Cellular data
plans with 5GB/mo limits (with $50/GB overage) or dial-up.

I don't see that the current site build is *necessary* to meet that
end. One can do a great deal with CSS. Actually, the current site
would probably be fine with a little injected CSS cleanup, and
replacement of some of the images with ones a little cleaner. Simply
applying .a {text-decoration: none;} would fix the most glaring of
oddities on the main page.