discuss: Cutting out the deadwood

Subject: Cutting out the deadwood
From: "Mahesh T. Pai" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Apr 2011 09:30:58 +0100

Dear all,

Is it possible to put that longish flame war behind us?

Here is something I had mentioned - quite a bit of HOWTOs are
irrelevant; because things have become too easy.

Here is a short list:-

ALL the language HOWTOs - Chinese, Hebrew, Thai, Indic, TTDebian (true
type fonts in Debian); etc.; and the list is incomplete.  The language
/ script HOWTOS, are simply an issue of installing the appropriate
font packages and enabling the appropriate keyboard layouts.

Is it posible to move such HOWTOs to an "archives" section; at least
move them down a link?

OTOH, and IMHO, some HOWTOs, in spite of lack of updating, are still
relevant - like the Motorola Surfboard Modem HOTWO. I have used that
previously, and have moved on only because the ISP providing a cheaper
option here uses ADSL.

Now, is it possible to do something about the technologically obsolete
HOWTOs?

Once the dead wood is out of way, I guess people will focus more on
work needing to be done.

--
Mahesh T. Pai   ||
With freedom comes responsibility.