discuss: Inappropriate contents

Subject: Re: [discuss] Inappropriate contents
From: Robert M Parten II ####@####.####
Date: 16 Nov 2009 19:44:10 +0000

I would believe that inappropriate would include the following genres:

pornography (OF ALL KINDS)
racist based websites
anti-semitic
sexist
any site recommending or promoting the use of illegal drugs
any site recommending or promoting the use of illegally obtained software

PR is vital to the open source community (in my opinion). I know we
don't intend to model ourselves around corporate giants, but we need
think like them when promoting our software. Having links to
pornographic websites is not considered professional and usually will
only give the community a bad name.

Is it possible that the monitoring of mirrors can be delegated to
certain individuals or can this be a community effort?

--
Robert M Parten II
Portbridge Internet