discuss: Proposal: IRC conversation logging mini howto

Subject: Proposal: IRC conversation logging mini howto
From: Vitaly Repin ####@####.####
Date: 27 Jun 2009 14:33:00 +0100

Hello,

The problem statement:  IRC is a very useful collaboration tool.  In order
to keep track of the conversations, IRC logs are needed.  This is especially
important for businesses.
The solution: IRSSI IRC client + screen + cron + custom perl script to mail
IRC logs to any e-mail address.

Result:
  - IRC logs are mailed to the selected e-mail addresses on a periodic basis
(e.g., on a daily basis) in addition to having them in the server
  - No human interaction is required - everrything works at the unix server

As for me, this is mini-howto.  It compiles several unix tools and makes a
solution out of them.  I think this document could be useful for the users
of tldp.
I was unable to find anything similar in tldp.org.

What do you think, guys?  Is it a valid idea?

Good bye!
--
WBR & WBW, Vitaly