discuss: bugs.tldp.org now redirected

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: bugs.tldp.org now redirected
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 19 May 2009 21:21:02 +0100

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 09:30:28AM +0200, jdd wrote:
> David Crosby a ?crit :
> > I'm just dropping a note that now bugs.tldp.org redirects to a page on
> > the wiki for bugs. So if you experience any bugs, you now know what to
> > do.
> >
> > -Dafydd
> >
> yes. but a wiki page is not a good place for bugtracking. Bug tracking
> need a discussion, may be on feedback or any other LDP list (I think
> one can write on feedback without subscription)

For bugs in a non-wiki doc, just a discussion between the bug reporter
and the author is all that's needed and the "discussion" is often
short with perhaps just a one-word reply from the author saying "done"
,"fixed" or the like (plus adding "thanks").  For a bug tracking
system to work well, someone needs to handle cases where a bug report
gets no response and possibly referee disputes that can arise.  Since
we haven't people to do this, and since I think it's a low priority,
I think that right now we shouldn't spend time on a bug tracking system.