discuss: Bug tracker for LDP

Subject: Re: [discuss] Bug tracker for LDP
From: David Crosby ####@####.####
Date: 18 May 2009 20:36:34 +0100

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Sergiusz Pawlowicz
####@####.#### wrote:
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 19:55, David Crosby ####@####.#### wrote:
>> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Sergiusz Pawlowicz
>> ####@####.#### wrote:
>>>
>>> you mean http://bugs.tldp.org/ ?
>>>
>>> it does not look like anyone really need it, as it is not used
>>>
>>> s.
>>>
>> First off, where in the static site does it even make mention of it? I
>> didn't even know it EXISTED. It should be mentioned somewhere in the
>> volunteer/contribution section.
>
> the problem is ismael asked for it a huge time ago, and it looks never
> started to use...
> it broke after recent server upgrade and nobody has reported it.
>
>> Second, why are we requiring people to have a login before even
>> looking at the existing bugs? Read permissions should be set so that
>> you shouldn't need to log in to see them.
>
> are you sure chaps, an advance bugtracking is really need?
> a simple wiki page will be not enough for two people?
>
>> Third, it's broken :-(
>
> i can repair it, but i am really bored about doing unused things.
> please assure me you do not have a flash in the pan...

I'll happily fix it myself, if I'm given some SSH access (or
equivalent). I really want to see this site succeed, and my company is
giving me paid time to bring this project back from the dead.

The failure of the bug tracker had little to do with the tracker
itself, but that it wasn't even advertised on the static site.

-Dafydd