discuss: Re: Completed AVR LINUX HOWTO

Subject: Re: [discuss] Fw: Completed AVR LINUX HOWTO
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2009 07:35:27 +0000

I received the AVR microcontroller HOWTO as private mail.

I answer here, because the notes can be also usefull for other readers.

First I noticed that Openoffice is now able to "save as" Docbook. We
still have to check what the resulting docbook gives in the LDP
toolchain (I will work on this soon)

Then, back on the subject.

Ranjeeth, thanks for your work. I have no knowledge about this
microcontroller programing so I wont say anything on the content,
technically speaking, but is there on this list somebody able to
review? I can forward him the document.

However there is some details to fix before the document can be
included in the LDP collection. Basically: the text format is to be
enhanced and it's necessary to include a licence,

* the licence: the default LDP licence and the list of all accepted
licences are here http://wiki.tldp.org/LdpWikiDefaultLicence (this
made me think this page is not as easy to find as is should, my fault
- to be fixed soon). Choose one that fit your feeling and include it
in the HOWTO. For example, notice the
http://wiki.tldp.org/Editing%20LDP%20Documents%20HOWTO licence section.

* Titles. On your document, the titles have to be formatted titles,
not ordinary text with enhancement. This allow automatic table
creation. This is possible in any word processor including the wiki.
In a word processor (Word or Openoffice) you have to apply a "Title 1"
(or 3, 3) format. In the wiki this is done wrtiting == Title first
level == or === Title sevond level ===, etc.

Ranjeeth, is it possible for you to work directly in the wiki? the
syntax is simple and there anybody can look and edit (if necessary -
we can also limit the editing if you think the subject is too tricky
for most users) If yes, I can easily fix the problems as soon as you
said what licence you like.

thanks
jdd
--