discuss: intro

Subject: Re: [discuss] intro
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 7 Jan 2009 07:53:55 +0000

On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 10:58:51PM +0100, jdd for http://tldp.org wrote:
> Paul Sutton a ?crit :
> > Hi
> >
> > I am paul, a few years I wrote a command reference for the joe text
> > editor looking at the ldp project its still there at

One thing that needs to be put back in the manifesto is that LDP
doesn't normally support documentation for one particular application.
Such documentation is supposed to come with the application.  But if
it doesn't or if it needs improvement and the maintainer(s) of the
application software can't provide this, then someone can write an LDP
doc for it.  And I suppose this is the case for the joe text editor.

It needs to be made clear the LDP's main task is writing documentation
on how to get things done that usually requires more than one application
program.  Regarding the kernel, LDP could rewrite and expand on the
kernel documentation, explaining it to users who are not expected to
know much about the kernel.

[snip]