discuss: [interesting discuss on slashdot]

Subject: Re: [discuss] [interesting discuss on slashdot]
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Dec 2008 22:04:15 +0000

David Lawyer a écrit :

> I think that linuxdoc would be the best choice if someone would
> improve it so it is better at dealing with images, etc.

for what it was talked about that is *technical book with images,
references and foot notes*, I don't see anything but LaTeX, LyX being
the choice for non-professional. LaTeX is specially good at footnotes
and indexing for big books. Math books uses near only LateX.

doing this with emacs or vi and any markup language but LaTeX is
possible, but probably not that easy (docbook, with optimized
stylesheets is possible). With word or openoffice, I wish good luck
for indexes and images placement for any small content change :-(.

People speak about editors modifying the page layout, I wouldn't like
any such editor (ans I was an editor myself :-)

jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org