discuss: Maintainer Tag?

Subject: Re: Maintainer Tag?
From: Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2001 16:22:35 -0000

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, ####@####.#### wrote:

> In some cases a maintainer plays a very different role than an
> author -- he may be an editor, a coordinator, and/or a contributor,
> but that is not the same as an author, and a maintainer should not
> necessarily be listed as an author.

If he's an editor, then use that element.
If he's a coordinator, I see it as "<collab
class='coordinator'>...</collab>".

If he's a contributor, then he's what is called a 'collaborator'. Use
the collab element.

> A current author would only exist if the document is undergoing a
> significant rewrite, either for content or language.  A significant
> rewrite for language should be distinguished from an edit (by an
> editor) (and a translation, by a translator).

Both, editor and translator, under 'editor' and 'collab' elements.

> DocBook should provide "mechanisms" to support the five categories
> of information listed above.

It already does through the use of the 'class' attribute. If the
stylesheets are or not doing something with that is another question
we can discuss.

> It's on my list of things to do, but if someone else wants to
> provide some insight, that would be appreciated.

As I said, I think it's only needed some customization on our
stylesheet...

--

Desenvolvimento de Soluções         --          Solutions Development
Conectiva S.A     -    www.conectiva.com.br     -   +55 (41) 360-2600
Conectiva Inc.    -    www.conectiva.com        -   +55 (41) 360-2600