discuss: Re: getting rid of the linuxdoc.org problem vote requested

Subject: Re: [discuss] getting rid of the linuxdoc.org problem vote requested
From: "jdd for http://tldp.org" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Dec 2008 01:41:25 +0000

Rick Moen a écrit :

> "have a reason to use" them.  Your proposal does nothing to reduce
> linuxdoc.org's Page Rank.  Consequently, I think it's a bad idea.

of course, it does! it removes  most of the copies of the doc, leaving
only a wiki one (with no <a href tag)

seems even we can have the page not indexed
(http://moinmo.in/MoinMoinQuestions/Unsorted?highlight=(robot)|(friend)#Tryingtochangewikiconfig.pyto.27index.2Cfollow.27)

some wiki pages have the meta noindex,nofollow

> The other part of the point of modification is, of course, to put
> something useful and appropriate in _place_ of the linuxdoc.org link.
> Your proposal doesn't do that, either.

it do, because as the doc can only be read in the wiki, the user *is*
on the tldp web site...

on the mirror all the links to *these* docs will go to the wiki. This
gives a smaller impact to the doc, but these are old docs.

jdd

--
jdd for the Linux Documentation Project
http://wiki.tldp.org