discuss: inode, inode, where is my inode?

Subject: Re: inode, inode, where is my inode?
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 20 Jul 2001 03:21:25 -0000

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:59:45AM +0200, --s+ wrote:
> --->[Quoting David Merrill ####@####.####
>
> > Thanks, but I would rather stay with the LDP cvs. I'm already all set
> > up there. I would appreciate advice on where in the tree I should add
> > it.
>
> it is your decison, firstly look at current structure of LDP module
> at http://cvsweb.linuxdoc.org/index.cgi/

I just checked the contents of http://www.lupercalia.net/review/ into
cvs, in LDP/www/developer.linuxdoc.org. It consists of a stylesheet,
some html, and some perl in a cgi-bin subdir.

I also have table generation scripts for the database tables, and of
course the database data itself. I don't know where to put that. It
doesn't belong under the www dir, though. Perhaps a new top level dir
called `database' with a subdir for `scripts' and another for `data'

LDP
 +--CVS
 +--builder
 +--database *
     +--scripts *
     +--data *
 +--faq
 +--guide
 +--howto
 +--test
 +--www
     +--developer.linuxdoc.org *
         +--cgi-bin *
     +--linuxdoc.org
     +--list.linuxdoc.org

	* New Directories

developer.linuxdoc.org is already committed. The other commit I will
do tomorrow evening if nobody can argue for something else.

FYI, the data directory will hold a text format (comma delimited) dump
of the database, done either weekly or nightly. I shouldn't think that
volume would be a problem, but let me know if it is. I assume cvs
stores data internally using some kind of diff algorithm, and the data
won't change much from day to day.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

              Free Dmitri ->  http://www.boycottadobe.com
Mine is the ecstasy of the spirit
And Mine also is joy on earth.
For My law is love unto all beings.
		-- from The Charge of the Goddess, Doreen Valiente